The Community Advisory Committee (CAC) held its third meeting on May 11, 2021 at Royal STEM Academy. Attendees enjoyed a meal from Hinze BBQ that was generously sponsored by Live Oak Public Finance.
Associate Superintendent Kendra Strange, Ed.D. expressed her appreciation for the committee. "The students of Royal ISD are so fortunate to have a group of dedicated stakeholders come together for the purpose of improving our educational facilities. Whether it be in a classroom, cafeteria, gym or library, or other area, most of our students spend the majority of their waking hours within a school facility. When we think about it in those terms, it becomes more important than ever to ensure that our students spend those hours in a safe, functional environment. It is our sincerest desire as a district to continue to partner with our community to collectively develop a plan that will serve our students’ educational facility needs for years to come. We would like to say thank you to everyone who has played a role in these conversations so far and also welcome other community members to join us as we strive to have equity in representation of all members of the community we serve."
The meeting agenda included the following items, which allowed attendees to get a first-hand glimpse of the needs at Royal STEM Academy:
- "Investing in Our Tomorrow" by Royal Superintendent Rick Kershner
- "Facility Planning" by Steve Risser, RISD CMA, Gallagher Construction Services
- STEM Campus Facility Needs by STEM Principal Phylicia Glover and Director of Operations Derrick Dabney
- Campus tours led by Phylicia Glover, Derrick Dabney, and Scott Hunter and joined by some of our STEM students
- Royal ISD Financial Advisor Lucas Janda of Live Oak Public Finance was on hand to answer questions related to school finance.
Interested in Joining the CAC?
If you would like to attend future meetings, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive CAC communications and updates.
- May 24, 6:00 PM at Royal Elementary School (2-5)
- June 7, 6:00 PM at Royal Elementary School (PK-1)
- June 15, 6:00 PM at Royal High School