During Chromebook checkout, we will also provide a flyer containing information about obtaining internet from local providers, if you wish to purchase internet services or pursue any options for discounts they may offer. Below are some additional options.
The Fine Print: Please note, these services are not sponsored or endorsed by the District. Some of these may not be available in the RISD area. Each household is responsible for service cancellation prior to the end of the free period. Royal ISD is not liable for internet service charges resulting from failure to cancel services.
- Comcast: Sixty (60) days of free Internet Essentials service, which is normally available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month. For new customers, applicants can simply visit www.internetessentials.com (website includes written, and video chat customer service options) or by calling 1-855-846-8376 (English) or 1-855-765-6995 (Spanish).
- Xfinity: Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone: Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit www.xfinity.com/wifi. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots and then launch a browser. Here is a map that shows available spots: https://hotspots.wifi.comcast.com/ No need to even go inside any buildings, these will work from your car!
- Spectrum: Sixty (60) days free broadband and Wi-Fi access for households with K-12 and/or college students who don’t already have a Spectrum broadband subscription. No installation fees for new households. Enroll by calling 1-844-488-8395.
- Consolidated Communications: Offered two months of Free Home Internet Service including free installation for those who are not currently Consolidated customers. Take advantage of this offer in two easy steps: Call Consolidated Communications: 1-855-399-3084 Mention Offer Code: “Two Months Free”
- AT&T: If you have at least one child receiving free or reduced price school lunches, your family may qualify for an affordable home internet service through AT&T. For more information, visit the following site: https://www.att.com/shop/internet/access/